Monday, September 6, 2010

Aakriti Bhargava - Case Study

Aakriti Bhargava
Vice President Talent Management
AIESEC Pune

Aakriti is 21 years old, studying in Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (undergraduate), Pune, a student just like you.

This is her story.


I was a student of Business Administration when I decided to apply to AIESEC, an organization I had heard about but didn’t really know what was in it for me. AIESEC changed my life as it was more that what I ever imagined. 
I started my journey in AIESEC as a member of the Corporate Social Responsibility team in the Corporate Sector. After gaining a lot of knowledge of the corporate sector, I became team leader of the CSR project. I also initiated a project on Emerging Markets. That was my first real leadership experience where I gained skills, learnt to accept failure and work as a team. 
I then moved to the development sector for a more diverse experience in AIESEC. I was made team leader of the Children Issues project. I went on the lead the Development and Education Sector of AIESEC Pune for the year 2009. Today, I am handling the portfolio of Talent Management for my local committee.
AIESEC has helped me change as an individual. I am a more confident person today through my interactions with Corporates, NGOs and educational institutes. I have learned the importance of professionalism, punctuality and integrity. I am passionate, driven and focused and have learned to recognize my strengths and weaknesses. After working on various social issues, I have become more sensitive and believe that my actions can make a difference. 
Through my experience in AIESEC, I learned to relate my theoretical knowledge to practical application and have had first hand experience in marketing, HR and event management. I have also met people from diverse cultures and have made friends all over the world through the AIESEC network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

President's Address

AIESEC, as the world’s most global youth run organization, develops the youth of today into the leaders of tomorrow by providing an unparalleled personal development platform consisting of leadership opportunities, corporate exposure, international internships, local and national conferences and participation in a global learning environment, not to mention we provide our members with an opportunity to build a 30,000 person strong network with the brightest young minds from all over the globe.

Since its conception in 1987, AIESEC Pune has impacted thousands of young people, and has given them an unmatched edge over their peers. Today, it provides society with high potential membership armed with leadership advantage in socially relevant issues.

Supported by leading organizatons in the city, including Forbes Marshall, Symbiosis, Zensar Technologies, Jetline Group, Cummins Generator Technologies, etc. 
AIESECers have carved a niche for themselves, and are among the few individuals who, at any point of time, are sought after by leading organizations the world over.

As the President of AIESEC Pune, I am certain that your experience with AIESEC will be amazing. Welcome to AIESEC Pune.


Best Regards,

Varun Avasthi

Local Committee President
AIESEC Pune

Picture Gallery